This fall, I updated and created new Beginning Reader booklists. Some were topics that we’ve had before (Phonics, Animals) and others were entirely new topics (Diversity, Classics). I created the booklist using Publisher and a template that I’m very familiar with since I also use it for my programming handouts. So far, they’ve been well received by the patrons! I thought it would be a good idea to list out the books that I chose for each topic.
Beginning reader books that help teach children phonics — the connection between letter and sound.
- Gran on a Fran by Kevin Bolger
- Phonics Stories by Phil Cox
- Happy Alphabet by Anna Hays
- Here Comes Silent E by Anna Hays
- The Pup Speaks Up! by Anna Hays
- Silly Sara by Anna Hays
- Mouse Makes Words by Kathryn Heling
- Too Many Dogs! by Lori Houran
- Boom Zoom! by Judith Stamper