This fall, I updated and created new Beginning Reader booklists. Some were topics that we’ve had before (Phonics, Animals) and others were entirely new topics (Diversity, Classics). I created the booklist using Publisher and a template that I’m very familiar with since I also use it for my programming handouts. So far, they’ve been well received by the patrons! I thought it would be a good idea to list out the books that I chose for each topic.
Beginning reader series that help children learn phonics — the connection between letters and sounds.
- Sounds Like Reading series by Brian Cleary
- Flip-a-Word series by Harriet Ziefert
- BOB Books series by Bobby Lynn Maslen
- My Sound Box series by Jane Belk Moncure
- Phonics Friends series by Joanne Meier & Cecilia Minden
- Word Families series by Marie Powell
- Wonder Book Phonics by Cynthia Amorosa
- Batman by Rick Farley
- Biscuit by Alyssa Capucilli
- Fancy Nancy by Jane O’Connor
- Paw Patrol by Jennifer Liberts and Mike Jackson
- Superman by Lucy Rosen
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Jennifer Liberts and Patrick Spaziante
Character Phonics boxes: